this article was originally published here: http://personaltrainingcertificationusa.com/nasm-certification/
The NASM Certification is the most popular Personal Trainer Certification in the United States. Many of the Top Gyms & Health Clubs prefer NASM certificated candidates over others.
Let us have a deeper look at the NASM certification to see what exactly makes it so popular amongst employers as well as fitness professionals.
The NASM Personal Trainer Certification (CPT):
Are There Requirements?
Yes, you have to meet the following requirements to become a NASM certified Personal Trainer:
- You have to be at least 18 years of age.
- NASM exam enrollment must be paid in advance.
- Must have current Emergency Cardiac Care (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification prior to taking the exam (not required to purchase the CPT).
What Will You Be Able To Do As NASM Certified CPT?
With the NCCA accredited NASM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) Certification you learn how to master and immediately apply the following:
- Goal-specific program design for optimal results
- Developing and modifying exercises in a safe and effective manner that is adaptable to about any client and fitness/health level.
- Discover the power and learn to apply the Optimum Performance Training ™ (OPTTM).
- You will learn the scientific rationale, teaching tools and the practical experience necessary to perform assessments, create individualized programs and progress your clients to their goals.
- You will also learn human movement, exercise science, nutrition, and behavior modification, as well as how to build clientele and increase revenue.
How Much Does The NASM Certification Cost?
The following packages or individual products are available for the Personal Trainer (CPT) Certification:
- CPT Pro Package @ $699
includes 4th edition textbook, certification & online practice exam, online course content & presentations, and HFPN Resource pro Membership
- CPT Premier Package @ $799
includes 4th edition textbook, certification & online practice exam, online course content & presentations, HFPN Resource pro Membership, PLUS Live Workshop.
- CPT Exam @ $599
Certification Exam, online practice exam
You have a full 180 days to attempt your exam after the date of your purchase, after 180 days the attempts expire and you have to purchase a retest. Retests with a 90-day extension can be purchased for around $75.
You should wait with your purchase until you know you will be able to begin studying right after you made the purchase and take your exam in maximum 180 days.
Helpful Resources & Exam Details:
The exam will consist of 120 questions with a 2 hour time-limit to finish. You will have to take your exam in one of the PSI/LaserGrade Testing Centers near you. You can either call PSI/LaserGrade or use our Testing Center Locator to find the nearest center.
The 120 question exam will consist of the following topics:
- Assessment @ 25 questions
- Exercise Technique @ 25 questions
- Program Design @ 25 questions
- Nutrition @ 10 questions
- Client Relations & Administration @ 10 questions
- Professional Responsibility @ 5 questions
- Research Questions @ 20 questions
Free Downloadable Resources:
- The NASM Certification Candidate Handbook – please study this handbook thoroughly it contains a lot of very important information.
- NASM CPT Fact Sheet – contains info about revised CPT program, important!
- NASM CPT FAQ – contains further information about the revised CPT certification, important!
- NASM Study Kits – workbooks, exam bundles as text books or downloads for ipod/ipad etc.
Request Free Info:
You can request further information for free, directly from NASM:
Request Free Information From NASM Now!
NASM Certified Personal Trainer Advantages:
NASM certification has quite some advantages over other organizations, one of the biggest obviously, is that lots of employers really prefer NASM certified candidates because in the mind of a club owner or fitness department manager it is most important that their clients get the best possible treatment and also reach their goals, so they stay a paying customer.
NASM simply has such a good reputation that their education produces the most knowledgeable and professional trainers, that getting a job shouldn’t be hard if you are a certified NASM CPT.
This is also the exact reason why a recent study conducted by Simplyhired.com revealed that NASM certificated trainers earn on average around $6000 more per year when they start out than trainers with other certifications.
But that’s not the only advantage…
NASM also makes it their obligation to help trainers finding new clients. The NASM education includes great teachings about how you can increase your revenue and how to build clientele.
Furthermore, NASM offers exclusive business opportunities for certificated members such as the exclusive opportunity to connect with new clients on the sharecare.com website, which is a new health & fitness portal featuring many celebrities, like for example Dr. Oz, that tend to draw in lots of potential clients for you.
(This really is a great opportunity to get new clients, and since it is exclusive to NASM certificated professionals it almost makes it a no-brainer to decide for the NASM certification imho.)
Is the NASM Certification expensive? It is not the cheapest option for sure, but in the end not more expensive than other organizations… And getting certified with NASM is definitely worth it if you plan on being a professional trainer and be in this industry for the long-term. NASM really goes the extra-mile by providing business opportunities for their members, helping them to really succeed and not only “to become certified”, NASM workshops are always up-to-date on the newest science which will help you stay on top of your competition and to be a great trainer that delivers the results clients expect when they book sessions with you.
If you are serious about your career as a fitness professional, you should invest in it and in NASM you will find a great partner.
For further details about the NASM Certification go now to their website: www.nasm.org/get-certified/